I love Olive Garden's Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo. It's filling, creamy, and tasty! It also packs over 1000 calories and over 120 grams of carbs in one sitting! Well damn, thats a bit much! Here I have a healthier alternative that saves you 800 Calories!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
1 whole Spaghetti Squash
3 cups of baby shrimp
2 cups Spinach
1 tps minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Frank's Hot Sauce
Alfredo Sauce (optional)
*1/2 cup Butter
*2 tbl Cream Cheese
*1 pint Heavy Cream
*2/3 Cups grated parmesan cheese
* I suggest trying to make your own alfredo sauce with ingredients listed above, but buying canned Alfredo Sauce will not hurt you. Try to buy the best, less preservatives. Check the ingredient list
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees. In a baking pan, but about 1 inch of water. Rinse squash then place squash in baking pan. Set timer for 60 minutes.
- Season shrimp with pepper, salt, lawrys, italian seasoning. Be very light with these seasonings in the beginning. You will add more later on. Feel free to season as you like it to taste. Some people like different tastes. Let shrimp seasoning marinate for 10-30 minutes
- * Alfredo Sauce recipe in another pot..melt 1/2 cup butter. When the butter melts, add cream cheese. When the cream cheese melts, add heavy cream. Season with garlic powder, pepper, salt. Cover and cook on medium low heat for 15-20 minutes. Add parmesan cheese after and turn off.
- In a big pot put 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil. When heats up, put minced garlic and onion. Let the aroma and flavor melt into the oil for 2 minutes. Add in seasoned shrimp. Shrimp will have natural sauce in seasoning, do not pour the sauce yet..you will use it later. Cook shrimp for 10 minutes until the outsides get a nice crust look. Once cooked, set heat on low, add in spinach and cover pot.
- The timer on the baked spaghetti squash will go off any minute now! Take it out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. With a fork, start scraping noodles out. Put noodles inside of big pot with the shrimp and spinach. Once all noodles are in the pot, pour in your alfredo sauce. Mix with pork, let cook on low heat with cover off for a couple minutes
The end result should look somewhat like this above. The consistency will be thick, yet creamy. It will boost lots of flavor. It will smell garlicy (not a word haha) , yet spicy. This serves about 6 people, but don't feel guilty going up for seconds! You can eat about 3 servings of this and still not equal the amount of calories in the Olive Garden version. It's low on carbs of course which makes this a great dish for the evenings. It keeps you feel so you won't end up midnight snacking! The family will love this, your man will love this, your college roomates will love this! Most importantly, you will love this!
Have you tried one of my recipes? Please leave a comment below telling me how it turned out! If you have any questions please left a question in the comment section below. You are able to leave questions anonymously, with google account, or with other accounts. If you want to personally ask me questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org