The holidays are approaching! Thanksgiving is a few weeks away and what better way to begin the festive season ! Spaghetti and Meatballs are an American classic. All families of different backgrounds indulge in this dish, especially during the holidays. My favorite is Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs. Below, I have a low carb alternative... but if you want to use real pasta noodles.. go ahead this time! *wink*
**Prep time varies between 1 hour and 40 minutes(squash noodles) vs 1 hour (regular noodles)
- 1 whole squash (or 1 box of spaghetti)
- 1 lbs of ground meat (beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 1 package of cheddar and parmesan cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- lawry's seasoning
- chilli powder
- italian seasoning
- minced garlic
- Preheat oven on 400 degrees.
- Rinse squash, and put quash on baking pan. Add 1/2 inch of water inside pan. Cook approximately for 60 minutes.
- Season ground meat with seasonings listed above. Bake in oven for 30 minutes (at the same time with squash) or until fully cooked. After cooked, take out oven and set aside.
Once squash is fully cooked. Cut in half and scrape out noodles. Put into a pan. Pour ragu sauce inside and cook on low heat.
Add your seasonings into the sauce
|Do you like my nails? I'm already in the festive spirit! Dark red nails are the IT color|
(For the spaghetti and meatball mini muffins..perfect for thanksgiving or other holiday parties)
Put squash noodles and pasta sauce into muffin containers. Add cheese and put into oven for 25 minutes
(For the baked spaghetti meatball personal casserole dish)
Fill the bottom of the casserole mug with squash noodles. Chop up a meatball and add on top of layer. Add cheese. Then add another layer of squash noodles. Add cheese on top. Bake in oven for 25 minutes