Friday, November 8, 2013

Haircare tips while exercising

Elle Varner!
Below is an email Keshia sent to me detailing the steps she took to become a naturalista! She provides websites as well as essential oils, and protective styles! I want to share with all of my readers! Here ya go :-)


----------------------








Here are some great websites and youtube gurus that helped me with my natural hair journey

During my transition process I went through so many products. You have to find the products that go with your hair, for example Jojoba oil is a staple for my sister Becky but it dries out my hair. This whole natural hair thing is a science.

Some products I used during my transition and that I still use
  • Coconut oil ***********
  • JBCO(Jamaican Black Castor Oil, very thick provides great moisture, great for thinning edges and hair growth)
  • EVOO(cheap and so convienent, great sealant, great pre-poo)
  • Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Eco Styler gel (great for braid outs, twist outs etc)
  • Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie(great for twist outs, braid outs)
  • Shea Moisture African Black Deep Cleansing Shampoo(during transition, clarifys your hair)
  • SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo( creates shine and great moisture)
  • Giovanni Direct Leave-In( provides great slip)
  • Aussie Three Minute Miracle( great deep conditioner)
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Edge Control

Treatments I create
Before I wash my hair I always do a hot oil treatment or pre poo with coconot oil and evoo heat it up and put it on my hair  & scalp; this is great to keep your hair moistured after you wash it
Avocado, Honey, EVOO (great deep conditioner)

Styles I did
  • Bantu Knot Outs(on blow dried hair with coconut oil, wet hair with Eco Styler Gel)
  • Braid Outs( Coconut oil, JBCO or Eco Styler Gel)
  • Senegalese Twist

Bantu knots. My favorite style while I work out!

Disclaimer: These tips are for women of all ethnic backgrounds. All these tips will work for each different hair type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment