Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Change in Game Plan Part 2

So in Part 1 I went over why eating a VLCD is not the way to go when you are trying to lose weight and keep it off. Some quick notes are:

1) Your metabolism will be affected as the TRUE CALORIC MAINTENANCE you need to keep your weight level is lowered.

2) Your muscles will eat itself.. you will increase body fat.. while looking "skinny fat" aka flabby

3) Your hormones will go out of wack. Acne..hair loss..lower sex drive...mood problems and more




So I decided to give some time apart between writing Part 1 and Part 2. I wanted to know if increasing my calories slightly every week and reintroducing complex carbs into my diet will kick my plateau and start my weight loss again. I'm here with the results!

For about a month... I literally ate whatever I wanted. I increased my calories from netting at 1200... to averaging about 2000 a day (on workout days) and 1700 on rest days. Some days I would go up to 2400 just to see how my body would react. I initially did not gain any weight the first two weeks. My body was enjoying this "feast". What I did notice was that the acne I had on my face cleared up about 75%. Also the hair loss I was experiencing on the side of my head is filling up again. Two positive outcomes!

The third week I started noticing that I was gaining weight. I knew this wasn't real weight.. it was actually water weight that my body was replenishing into my system from my horrible low calorie diet. Even though the number on the scale tipped a high 174... I was still the same size.

The main thing I want to convey with this post is that.. you do NOT need to starve yourself when you want to lose weight. Your body is a machine... it's a living thing. And like all living things on this wonderful planet.. it needs fuel..it needs fuel.. not to look good. BUT TO SURVIVE. The minute you change your mindset on food..that food isn't evil.. food is wonderful; this weight loss journey will become effortless.

If you are currently eating a VLCD, stuck at a plateau, unhappy with your weight loss regimen, confused... take a step back and evaluate everything. If you see some faults, then I challenge you to change your game plan. This will require more of a "MENTAL" paradigm shift... so please educate yourself. Speak to your physician, read more articles, follow fitness instagrams/youtube channels, and become accountable to someone.

Today is a new day. Lets make positive changes now!


Email: officialbgf@gmail.com
IG Fitness: @fitgirljess_
IG Personal: @jaysicka_
MFP: BlackGirlFit


Thanks for reading, XOXO.. leave a comment down below :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment